Monday 15 February 2016

The Frankenstein Awoke


The hazy azure sky
Of this world of borrowed dreams;
How do sapiens exist
On this abode of growling screams!

I dare not disturb the silence;
The silence that is deafening
I know not how to conquer
My fears of an unknown calling.

There is no peace I know;
I am at peace with myself though.
I am running into the woods;
I know not where to go!

The chirping birds
Perched on the tree
Are happy since
They have an option to flee.

I am a hen
Who can fly small steps
Flying in the sky?
I am deep buried in the depths.


Bliss in the sea of gloom
I have learned to bloom;
In the events adverse
I fall into the lap of verse.

This is where I find serenity,
In the refuge of words.
Words are, after all, mightier than swords.

Swords that the monster
Within me beholds.
Hush! No breaking of shackles;
The Frankenstein awoke.


No comments:

Post a Comment